something wonderful
Yesterday, I got to be a small part of something wonderful...the birth of my nephew, Dominick Jakob Rhodes.
Thank you to my husband for moving to Illinois so I even had a glimpse of this chance of a lifetime. And thank you for not hesitating for a second when I asked about the possibility of me going up to Chicago on Thursday afternoon. Thank you for taking care of our children, especially dear little, sick Nora.
Thank you to my aunt for dropping her plans to watch my children over the past 48 hours. Thank you for allowing me to know they were safe and happy without me here.
Thank you to my children who didn't really have a choice, but who allowed me to leave them abruptly without too much heartache.
Thank you to my mother for encouraging me to come along with you - for sharing our waiting hours, helping to pass the time and helping to keep calm and wait patiently together.
Thank you to my father for being our internet connection when our technology was failing us. Thank you for helping us navigate and find a place to stay.
Thank you to my brother-in-law for being such an amazing and supportive partner for my dear sister. Thank you for your calm and gentle spirit. Thank you for allowing your sister-in-law and mother-in-law to be a part of such an intimate moment in your family.
Thank you to my beautiful, strong, and determined sister. Thank you for letting me be a part of your last birth and the final baby in this generation of the Breeze family. Thank you for letting me witness your power and strength as you brought your baby into this world.
Thank you to my new nephew, Dominick Jakob Rhodes, for finally making your appearance!!! Thank you for being a wonderfully perfect addition to our family. I was honored to be at your birth and I look forward to watching you grow and change (not too quickly!) and spending as much time with you as I can. I love you and miss you already.
Thank you to my husband for moving to Illinois so I even had a glimpse of this chance of a lifetime. And thank you for not hesitating for a second when I asked about the possibility of me going up to Chicago on Thursday afternoon. Thank you for taking care of our children, especially dear little, sick Nora.
Thank you to my aunt for dropping her plans to watch my children over the past 48 hours. Thank you for allowing me to know they were safe and happy without me here.
Thank you to my children who didn't really have a choice, but who allowed me to leave them abruptly without too much heartache.
Thank you to my mother for encouraging me to come along with you - for sharing our waiting hours, helping to pass the time and helping to keep calm and wait patiently together.
Thank you to my father for being our internet connection when our technology was failing us. Thank you for helping us navigate and find a place to stay.
Thank you to my brother-in-law for being such an amazing and supportive partner for my dear sister. Thank you for your calm and gentle spirit. Thank you for allowing your sister-in-law and mother-in-law to be a part of such an intimate moment in your family.
Thank you to my beautiful, strong, and determined sister. Thank you for letting me be a part of your last birth and the final baby in this generation of the Breeze family. Thank you for letting me witness your power and strength as you brought your baby into this world.
Thank you to my new nephew, Dominick Jakob Rhodes, for finally making your appearance!!! Thank you for being a wonderfully perfect addition to our family. I was honored to be at your birth and I look forward to watching you grow and change (not too quickly!) and spending as much time with you as I can. I love you and miss you already.

6 Comments:
So very lovely. <3
Beautiful! Congratulations to Hillary and the Breeze and Rhodes families!
Congratulations and what an awesome experience to share with your sister and her family!
Beautifully written! It must have been an incredible experience!
I am sure your family gatherings will now be very exciting with six (!) young children!
Congratulations Aunt Lara!
I ditto all your thanksgiving (to Steve, your children, Jeanie, Hilary, Jason, Dominick and dad), but will add one more - thanks to you for going with me, for waiting those long hours with me, and for sharing this very, very wonderful experience.
Congrats to your sister! Your parents must be really excited!
Post a Comment
<< Home