excuse
So, I've been a delinquent blogger lately, but I've had a big reason for that...




I decided to sew Anya's Halloween costume this year. At first I thought I would be sewing/creating for Evan. He wanted to be a lobster and that didn't appear easy to find ready-made. But then he changed to wanting to be a skeleton, so instead I ordered him some skeleton pajamas from ebay. However, they were glow in the dark and when he looked at himself in the mirror he was scared of himself...so he switched to being a "witch" wearing a wizard costume that we got as a dress-up a couple years ago on clearance at Old Navy. Don't worry...I'll post photos of the kids in their costumes later. Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed with the enormity of choosing photos from the hundreds we took over the past few days.
So, the dress...
For a long time, Anya wanted to be a ballerina, just wearing things she already had. Then she changed to wanting to be some sort of fairy or princess or something. We ended up deciding that I would attempt to make her a princess dress with the understanding that if it didn't work out, then we would go and buy her something. So, a few weeks ago we took a trip to JoAnn Fabrics and picked out the pattern and the fabric. It was really fun and she was so excited, but so patient with me as I was making it.
And I am so proud of myself for actually completing the project. However, I would not have made it without some help from my mom! She came over probably six times (for several hours each time) to help me with minor and MAJOR details, like hemming the whole thing two hours before we needed it for our first Halloween event. I didn't get her approval before starting the project, but she willingly helped me out without making me feel the least bit bad about it. Thanks, mom!
The dress is beautiful and really too big for Anya, but it will definitely be fun for dressing up and possibly future Halloween costumes for Anya or Nora. And I just can't believe I made it. I can honestly say I did NOT enjoy making it. I enjoyed the thought of doing it and a few aspects of it along the way and I think it's pretty cool that I pulled it off, but I really hated doing a lot of it. However, it inspired me to try making some pajamas for the kids which should be much much simpler than this crazy dress. Stay tuned...
P.S. I apologize if this entry is scattered. It's almost 1am and I can't sleep, so instead I'm semi-coherently blogging.
I decided to sew Anya's Halloween costume this year. At first I thought I would be sewing/creating for Evan. He wanted to be a lobster and that didn't appear easy to find ready-made. But then he changed to wanting to be a skeleton, so instead I ordered him some skeleton pajamas from ebay. However, they were glow in the dark and when he looked at himself in the mirror he was scared of himself...so he switched to being a "witch" wearing a wizard costume that we got as a dress-up a couple years ago on clearance at Old Navy. Don't worry...I'll post photos of the kids in their costumes later. Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed with the enormity of choosing photos from the hundreds we took over the past few days.
So, the dress...
For a long time, Anya wanted to be a ballerina, just wearing things she already had. Then she changed to wanting to be some sort of fairy or princess or something. We ended up deciding that I would attempt to make her a princess dress with the understanding that if it didn't work out, then we would go and buy her something. So, a few weeks ago we took a trip to JoAnn Fabrics and picked out the pattern and the fabric. It was really fun and she was so excited, but so patient with me as I was making it.
And I am so proud of myself for actually completing the project. However, I would not have made it without some help from my mom! She came over probably six times (for several hours each time) to help me with minor and MAJOR details, like hemming the whole thing two hours before we needed it for our first Halloween event. I didn't get her approval before starting the project, but she willingly helped me out without making me feel the least bit bad about it. Thanks, mom!
The dress is beautiful and really too big for Anya, but it will definitely be fun for dressing up and possibly future Halloween costumes for Anya or Nora. And I just can't believe I made it. I can honestly say I did NOT enjoy making it. I enjoyed the thought of doing it and a few aspects of it along the way and I think it's pretty cool that I pulled it off, but I really hated doing a lot of it. However, it inspired me to try making some pajamas for the kids which should be much much simpler than this crazy dress. Stay tuned...
P.S. I apologize if this entry is scattered. It's almost 1am and I can't sleep, so instead I'm semi-coherently blogging.

1 Comments:
I have to say, I love the outfit Anya is wearing in these photos! She has always been creative... oh I miss you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home