Thursday, February 03, 2011

Blizzard

Some of you know that I'm currently stuck in Chicago with the kids after a huge blizzard. Fortunately, we have a warm, safe place to stay and we aren't stranded somewhere between Chicago and Champaign on the highway (or worse). A huge thank you to Hilary, Jason, Dylan, and Noah for sharing their home with us for a lot longer than we expected - for making us feel at home, for feeding us, for parking my car, for carrying my stuff up and down the stairs so many times, for helping mediate cousin struggles that are inevitable after this many days in one place together, for putting up with the crying, for embracing the little girl who follows you around everywhere begging to be picked up, for wiping her nose and risking the germs, for keeping us all happy and entertained in the midst of all of this. Thank you.

And now, here's a link to Hilary's blog where she tells you more about our time here and includes some photos.

Check out Hilary's blog entry!

I have more photos from my phone (of course, I didn't bring the camera on this trip) that I'll try to post later, but for now I need to go attempt to shovel the two feet (or more) of snow behind my car. I'm going to attempt to break out of here today. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Shovel carefully and drive safely!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. Let's chat soon!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hope all is well, missing posts about those adorable kiddos!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home