Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Siblings

I know some of you are wondering why I haven't posted about Anya turning 3 years old yet. Well, that just seems to big to write about right now. Evan also passed the 9 month mark, so I want to write about that too.

But instead of doing either one, I'll just give you a couple new photos.

This one cracked me up because it shows how they both love to have their finger in their mouth. It wasn't posed at all. She climbed up next to him and put her arm around him.



Evan and Anya are so great together. Evan adores his big sister and Anya can't resist an opportunity to make him laugh. She often takes better care of him than I do - bringing him toys, talking to him, finding his pacifier, or just patting him gently. It breaks my heart the way she cares for him so tenderly.



Of course, there are starting to also be more moments when Evan is getting into something of Anya's and she isn't thrilled about that. Here's one particular moment when he got a little too close to her toy. We actually created a little gated area in the "couch room" for Anya to have space for her toys with little pieces or for anything she wants to keep to herself. She loves it and calls it "my area."



And the final picture shows one of my new favorite Anya expressions. It can mean all sorts of things.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a hilarious expression. thanks for the pics. good idea about the "area" for anya. i should probably do that. i was thinking of the opposite - making noah stay in an area, but that works better and probably is more special for the older one...

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is with that face? It's great!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!

I think Anya's expression is her saying "I'm going to take over the world. One kids karoke machine at a time. Woo-haa-haa-haa!"

We're in the process of planning a gated area for Mark and I too! Hey we've got stuff we don't want him to get into too, (once he starts crawling, that is) ;-)

We're moving our desk into the living room (getting too crowded in the dining room!), and I don't even want to think about trying to babyproof all the cables, rolling chair, paperclips, etc. So I think it's going to be gated off. ;) Everyone needs some baby-free space!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

These pictures are precious!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home