Monday, December 17, 2007

Early Christmas in Colorado

Saturday evening we celebrated Christmas a little early at our house since we are soon leaving to see both our families for the holidays. We also wanted Anya to have time to play with her big present - a dollhouse - before we left. Steve cooked a yummy dinner of some sort of beef roast (he's probably appalled that I don't remember what cut it was or how he prepared it, but it was tasty) and some roasted squash. Anya ate pink yogurt.

Anya enjoyed the gift preparations - going shopping with mommy and daddy for each other and Evan, wrapping a couple presents, and arranging them under the tree. She didn't really get the idea of the presents being a surprise though. She said things like, "Daddy, we got you a light!" "Do you know what this is?...It's a pan!" "Mommy, are you ready to open your CD?" It was cute, of course. And kind of amazing that even though she didn't help wrap most of the presents, she could still identify them all through the wrapping paper.



Anya also enjoyed helping pass out the presents by looking for our names on the packages. And she helped unwrap almost every present.



Evan enjoyed the wrapping paper, of course! He didn't get a lot to actually play with (since we have a ton of toys already!). But Anya did help pick out one toy gift for him to open. The rest of what he got was clothes and a book. We had our first near choking incident with him as he found a sticker on his toy that I had not seen and got it stuck in his mouth. Whew, scary!



At the end, we revealed Anya's dollhouse by bringing it up from the basement under a sheet. She was really excited! She immediately wanted to know where the people were. The people and the furniture were all wrapped up in another present that we had been distracting her from opening. She had a blast exploring all the pieces and setting up the house. And since opening it, she has played with it a lot. She enjoys playing with me, but will also play alone very well, too.



It is funny how she wants the dollhouse life to immitate her life.
"Where is her books and water?" (as she is putting the little girl to bed)
"No, that's not a very good idea to jump on the bed!"
"Oh, baby, you're crying, you should sleep in mommy and daddy's bed."
"Here's a beer for the daddy!"
"No, that bottle can't be the girl's sippy cup, it is beer for the daddy!"



She thoroughly loves it. And it makes me so happy to see her enjoy it. I have wanted to get her a dollhouse for a long time now, but I'm glad we waited until she could really enjoy it. And I know that it is something she will love for years to come. Heck, I'm in love with it and I'm almost 30!

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Not appalled. Not even surprised. It was a ribeye roast. I think it might be called a standing rib roast. It was delicious.

And why does Anya make me sound like an alcoholic?

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dollhouse, I want to come and play too. I think it is hilarious the things she picks up on! I also love that Steve made a great dinner and Anya ate pink yogurt-no crackers?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

(austin Hilary)
That house is adorable. So many stories! It is amazing how Anya seems to know everything that goes on at your house.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the most awesome dollhouse EVER. I want one too! Jason and I loved Anya's quotes...especially about the daddy drinking beer. :) We can't wait to come out and play with it too!! See you all soon! YAY!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...too cute! And I love that Anya decide to eat her pink yogurt. I can't wait to see you guys next week!!!!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that is WAY too adorable!! It's amazing to see pictures of your 'early' Christmas which involves two kiddos. It seems so natural and normal, but also sort of scary to see how quickly they are growing up.

It's neat to think that these pictures will later be studied by them as older children and young adults as pictures of their early Christmases...

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home