Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Evan



I only have a few minutes before Evan's birthday is over. I am tired and need to go to bed, but I didn't feel right not posting something on his actual birthday. I have some blogging to catch up on. I still want to post about my sister's visit last week and now I have birthday festivities and thoughts to write about. For now, here are a couple pictures from Evan's first birthday cake eating experience.





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - the birthday cake is whole! Did you buy it this time? :)

The first picture is awesome - he looks like he is enjoying his celebration & ready to dig into his cake.

Happy birthday Evan!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hardy, har, har.

No, I didn't buy it. I made it. From scratch. And didn't even destroy it taking it out of the pan.

It was a good thing, too, because this is the last birthday we have until next January. I wasn't going to get another chance.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, Katherine - the fact that the cake was whole was my first thought too! I just think the look on Evan's face is priceless, like "Woo hoo, CAKE! All for ME!"

Happy birthday, Evan!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

YAY! Those are great pictures. I love the magnet message...so artistic! :) Evan is so full of life...I love his expressions!!!

missing you terribly...

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone was wondering the same thing I was... Where's the crumb cake?

So Steve, what did you do differently this time? How did Anya react to a whole cake?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Well I greased the bottom with shortening instead of oil, then added a circle of parchment paper between the shortening and the cake batter. That seems to have done the trick.

As I recall, Anya was just a surprised as we were.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home