Thursday, March 20, 2008

just another manic monday

I forgot to blog about this past Monday. We got several inches of snow the night before and when Anya woke up to see the snow she insisted that she get to play in it. Since she was so excited and we knew it might be one of the last available times for playing in the snow this season, we made it work. Steve was able to stay home (and inside) with Evan so that I could go out and play in the snow with Anya. We had a blast. Poor Evan just watched from the window (don't miss him in the foreground of this photo).



Steve went to work as soon as we came in from the snow and the day continued amazingly well with Anya getting to color Easter eggs for the first time. She thought the whole process was pretty cool and was sad when the eggs ran out. Even though her current favorite color is green, it was hard to convince her to color the eggs anything but blue. I think we ended up with 5.5 eggs being colored blue out of the 15 (we bought 18, but 3 cracked while boiling) we colored.



She was so proud of our work and couldn't wait to show Steve when he came home. Our only conflict was when she wanted (and started to try) to hold all 5.5 blue eggs in her hands/arms at once. While I knew she REALLY wanted to do it, I knew that the meltdown about me stopping her and taking the eggs away was far less severe than the potential meltdown from 5.5 precious blue eggs falling on the floor and busting open. But she didn't see it that way, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home