Friday, March 28, 2008

Grandma Cindy & Grandpa Clark were here!

Today ended a short visit by Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Clark. They arrived Tuesday afternoon and I picked them up from the airport and we drove straight to the Denver Zoo where we ate a late lunch and had a fun time walking around until they closed at 5pm. We had gorgeous weather!



Here is Anya eating an ice cream cone at the zoo. She was thrilled. I think it might have been her first one ever by herself. Of course, I had to take licks to keep it from dripping.



Evan was great at the zoo. He wasn't too interested in the animals yet, but he was pretty content in the stroller with my drink straw.



We got home from the zoo and Steve had already started our dinner of grilled salmon steaks. This great moment below was on Tuesday night. Anya obviously chose Grandpa and Grandma to read her stories over the boring mommy and daddy.



On Wednesday, we spent most of the day at home playing and working on some things around the house. Dad and I cleaned out the garage a bit, filling up one car load of cardboard for the recycling center and one car load of trash for the landfill. It was great to get rid of that stuff. Mom and Anya baked some cookies while Evan took a morning nap. And in the afternoon while Anya was napping, mom helped me rearrange nearly our entire kitchen and dad took the trash to the dump and took my car in for an oil change and a wash. We picked up some Chinese food for dinner and after Anya and Evan were in bed, we introduced my parents to Rock Band. My dad was too tired to play this time, but my mom had a blast. It was awesome! The more people we get to play it with us totally justifies our purchase that much more. So, come on over!

On Thursday morning, we took the kids to get their pictures taken. It was not fun. Evan was great, but Anya was wretched. I don't even feel like describing it, my memories of it are so bad. We did get a couple good pictures, but I'm not sure that I want to commemorate the experience with printing any of them. At least not many of Anya. Not that there are many of her to choose from. We'll see how I feel when I'm a few days removed from it.

We went home and Evan finished his nap in the car and Anya went straight to her room for her nap. While they were both sleeping, we managed to eat lunch and rearrange the whole basement hall closet and clean up the storage room a little. It's amazing what you can get done with help and with sleeping (or otherwise occupied) children. I feel so much better after what we accomplished in the kitchen, basement and garage this week.

After Anya woke up and had a late lunch, we headed downtown to do some shopping at The Cupboard and Clothes Pony. We returned home to make a fantastic dinner of blackened tilapia. After dinner we went down to the basement for some play time and basketball watching. Here's Evan and Grandpa watching some sports.



I kept trying to take a picture of them together, but all Evan really wanted to do was eat the couch.



Anya was glued to Grandma as usual.



This morning we woke up and had to leave for the airport by 10:30, so we didn't have much time for anything besides getting ready and a few pictures.





It was sad to part at the airport as always. I am a little less sad because Hilary, Dylan, Noah, and Jeanie will be arriving on Monday morning, so we have something else to look forward to very soon.

Thank you, mom and dad, for the wonderful visit! When I look back on all the fun we had and all that we accomplished, it feels like you were here for much longer than 2 and a half days. Come back soon! I miss you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You recapped our visit so well. And, it sounded like we accomplished quite a lot! It was fun. Too short, as we talked about, but wonderful all the same. I am already lonely for you all. And, for more drum playing. Serious fun! No guitars, though - I'm not coordinated enough. Steve sure is, though! Very great visit. Thanks. MOM

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - sounds like you guys had a great visit - and got a lot of organizing/cleaning done. Fun!!

I'm sorry the photo shoot didn't go so well. At least you're trying! We have not had one professional picture of Benjamin done, and I'm sure I'll regret that one day. We're hoping to get one at least by/for his first birthday!

Have fun with your next round of visitors!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home