We did it!
This past Tuesday, we went back to Meijer for another grocery shopping adventure. And Anya and Evan got to finally ride the horse! I kept the two pennies in my pocket the whole time, but Evan did get to touch the penny to put it in the slot. By the way, we just got our first bill in the mail for the penny episode. I'll wait until we get a final total before revealing how much that stupid cent is going to cost!
This shopping trip was one of those moments where I am struck with how amazing my kids can (sometimes!) be. Our ONE agenda, besides the usual required eating and sleeping, for this particular day was to go grocery shopping. Well, needless to say, we had trouble getting out the door until 5:15pm! Seriously, who takes your kids grocery shopping at 5:15? Most people are supposed to be home cooking a lovely meal, or at least eating McDonalds! But I was determined. I had been trying to do this ALL DAY and finally it was going to happen. I called Steve on our way and told him not to rush home because we weren't going to be there for a while. I did take the time to get all three kids a quick snack before we left the house and I was really glad I did because we didn't return home until two hours later at 7:15 pm. Again, who does this?
But they were fine...hardly any whining, a lot of getting in and out of the cart antics by Anya and Evan, a snack cup of Cheerios for Nora, and a horse ride waiting for us after checking out. It was seriously amazing that they were all three in such good moods and it just was so nice to have such a relatively easy time that I couldn't help but blog about it.

2 Comments:
:D
Hurray for happiness on all sorts of different levels!
Those are good moments! I love that when I realize, "hey, this went pretty darn well. i have great kids." They get you through the other times that you want to run out the front door! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home