April 27, 2014
Steve and I took the kids (minus Dominick who was napping) to the park. On the way back, these cute cousins held hands and chatted the whole way.
This evening we had a pen pal reveal party at church. Anya and Evan have been participating in a secret pen pal writing project between children and adults in the congregation. It was a really cool experience for them. Each week they would write a letter and put it in the designated envelope for their pen pal and then look in their envelope to check their mail. The adults and kids were each given pseudonyms of famous Unitarian Universalists. Anya was Irma Rombauer writing to Naomi King and Evan was Linus Pauling writing to Moncure Conway. We definitely had to look up these names to find out who they were.
This is a picture of the last letter Evan wrote before he found out who his pen pal was.
In case you can't read it:
DEAR MONCURE
THESE ARE SOME
PHOTOS OF SR 71 WE
TOOK THEM IN WASHINGTON
DC IM RUNING A RACE
TODAY THANK YOU FOR BEING
MY PENPAL
And here's a copy of the photos the kids took with their pen pals. It was a really cool project and I'm sure they will participate again next year.



1 Comments:
Ok first, that picture is priceless. I love it of Nora and Dylan! I had no idea they did this and it warms my heart. I love it when they randomly break out from their normal "pairings."
And I want to do the pen pal thing at our church, that's such a great idea. So, I'm going to have you tell me all about how it was organized so I can do it maybe next winter here. It's such a great inter-generational activity!
Post a Comment
<< Home