Friday, April 25, 2014

April 25, 2014

Today I participated in my first 5K!  We got a treadmill at the beginning of this year and I had the goal of running a 5K.  I definitely didn't run the whole thing, but I did finish.  And I could have totally pushed myself harder.  But running by myself and never having done it before, I wasn't sure how to pace myself.  Hilary and Jason were supposed to come down and run too, but Hilary's health prevented them from doing it with us.  I missed having someone there to wait around for the race to start, but the actual running was okay to do by myself because I only had to worry about my own body and how I was feeling.  But now I'm ready to run with you, Hilary.  If only we can find another evening run!  It was awesome to not run in the sun!!!
I had to find Steve to take a pre-race photo.  We weren't starting together because he was running a lot faster than me!  I don't love this photo, but Steve posted it on Facebook and it got tons of "likes" so I'm including it here.  :-)

 Here I go!
 All done!
My parents brought the kids to watch us along the route and I met up with them at the finish in Memorial Stadium.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

These pictures seriously look like it took you all day to run! It looks like you started at sunrise and finished after dark. No matter how fast you were, it's faster than me so I'm impressed.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home