Danielle totally failed ice skating last winter but was rocking the roller skates this winter... did you find ice skating easier or harder for the kids??? I'm ready to put her in ice skates again...
For us, putting them in ice skating classes was what did the trick. Before that I would go around the rink with them holding my hand (or hanging off of me while I help their arms, depending), but progress was slow. The ice skating classes more or less just made them skate on their own (with helpful instructions and games), and shockingly, they more or less did. If you have a rink nearby that does a learn-to-skate program, I'd recomment giving that a try.
3 Comments:
Danielle totally failed ice skating last winter but was rocking the roller skates this winter... did you find ice skating easier or harder for the kids??? I'm ready to put her in ice skates again...
For us, putting them in ice skating classes was what did the trick. Before that I would go around the rink with them holding my hand (or hanging off of me while I help their arms, depending), but progress was slow. The ice skating classes more or less just made them skate on their own (with helpful instructions and games), and shockingly, they more or less did. If you have a rink nearby that does a learn-to-skate program, I'd recomment giving that a try.
I remember skating at that rink when I was a kid.
Post a Comment
<< Home