February 18, 2010
Today I took the kids to the dentist. All week long Evan kept saying, "I want to go to the dentist! Yeah!" And all week long Anya kept saying, "I don't want to go to the dentist." I made her stop saying it because I didn't want her to squash Evan's enthusiasm, even though he isn't always easily swayed by her opinions.
However, they both ended up having a fine time. This reminds me that I never posted some old photos I took on my camera phone to try and show someone what a crazy, fun, kid-friendly place our dentist office is. After I post this, I'll try and find them.
This was Evan's first real visit where he got an actual cleaning. He's been for two complimentary check-ups with the dentist before, so he knew that it was a fun place to go, but when they came to get Anya and Evan from the play area, he did not want to go. They schedule siblings together, so they can go without their parents and be together and watch each other. It is really pretty cool. I waited in the playroom and I could occasionally catch a glimpse of them as they walked around to different areas. Then at the end, the kids get to come back out and play and I go back and talk to the dental assistant and then to the dentist.
Evan's teeth were fine and Anya has to come back in a couple weeks for a sealant on one of her molars that has a pre-cavity. This will hopefully prevent her from having to have an actual filling put in.
Anya and Evan each were so proud of their bags of dentist loot. They each got a toothbrush, flosser, toothpaste, sticker, and a small toy (mini-camera for Evan and mini-wand for Anya). Evan would not let go of his bag when he was done and whenever I asked him if I could hold it for him he just kept saying, "No, I'm fine, mom. I'm fine."
After showing Steve everything when he got home, Anya decided that I should take pictures of her and Evan with their dentist bags. So, here are some shots from our photo shoot.


Below: Showing me their teeth.






However, they both ended up having a fine time. This reminds me that I never posted some old photos I took on my camera phone to try and show someone what a crazy, fun, kid-friendly place our dentist office is. After I post this, I'll try and find them.
This was Evan's first real visit where he got an actual cleaning. He's been for two complimentary check-ups with the dentist before, so he knew that it was a fun place to go, but when they came to get Anya and Evan from the play area, he did not want to go. They schedule siblings together, so they can go without their parents and be together and watch each other. It is really pretty cool. I waited in the playroom and I could occasionally catch a glimpse of them as they walked around to different areas. Then at the end, the kids get to come back out and play and I go back and talk to the dental assistant and then to the dentist.
Evan's teeth were fine and Anya has to come back in a couple weeks for a sealant on one of her molars that has a pre-cavity. This will hopefully prevent her from having to have an actual filling put in.
Anya and Evan each were so proud of their bags of dentist loot. They each got a toothbrush, flosser, toothpaste, sticker, and a small toy (mini-camera for Evan and mini-wand for Anya). Evan would not let go of his bag when he was done and whenever I asked him if I could hold it for him he just kept saying, "No, I'm fine, mom. I'm fine."
After showing Steve everything when he got home, Anya decided that I should take pictures of her and Evan with their dentist bags. So, here are some shots from our photo shoot.
Below: Showing me their teeth.

2 Comments:
I love the pics - especially the many faces - Anya is already known for this, but Evan is really holding his own with the variety of facial expressions! Love the cheesy smile one!
Anya totally cracks me up with those faces she makes!
Post a Comment
<< Home