March 5, 2014
The project at UPS (the kids' school) this semester is tools. There has been a lot of discussion on what things can be classified as tools. This week, Nora had to do a tool survey at home and fill out a paper on what tools we have at our house. It could be filled out any way the child wanted to do it - merely saying yes or no if they have each tool in their house, actually counting the amount of each tool in their home, drawing a picture of the tools, etc. Nora chose to count up each category (wrench, saw, paint brush, scissors, hammer, measuring tape, comb, screwdriver, whisk, abacus, toothbrush, compass, measuring cup). She and I did most of them this afternoon, but we needed Steve to bring in some things from the garage in order to count hammers, screwdrivers, saws and wrenches.
Okay, so we realistically under-counted almost everything on this list. I know for sure that we actually have more of almost everything on this list. Except that we really only do have one abacus! Doesn't everyone have at least forty-three toothbrushes in their house? ;-) And why are there times when I can't find a pair scissors?!
Okay, so we realistically under-counted almost everything on this list. I know for sure that we actually have more of almost everything on this list. Except that we really only do have one abacus! Doesn't everyone have at least forty-three toothbrushes in their house? ;-) And why are there times when I can't find a pair scissors?!






2 Comments:
Where's the field for cabinet saws? Drill presses? Planers? Routers?
This tool survey is incomplete!
Oh, yes, definitely not a complete list of tools in our house, by any means! Just the ones the school suggested or we'd still be counting.
Post a Comment
<< Home